Explore Houses for Rent in Torrington, Connecticut
Torrington is in Litchfield County. Nearby cities include Winsted, New Hartford and Granby. Torrington is a lovely place for families looking for homes for rent because there's always something to do in the area The downtown area is dotted with thrift shops, retailers and restaurants. One of the downtown area's focal points is The Warner Theater, which puts on various productions, including "The Nutcracker." In the summer, locals can enjoy special events held on the green.
Fun Facts about Torrington
- The Pleasant Valley Drive-in Movie Theatre is about 20 minutes from Torrington. Load up the car with blankets and snacks so you and your loved ones can watch two back-to-back movies under the stars. The theater also has a concession stand that sells hotdogs, fries and ice cream.
- Don't miss the Laurel Festival held in Winsted every spring. The event is part scholarship contest, part celebration of the Laurel flowers. During the parade, which always takes place on Sunday, high school juniors and seniors competing for the scholarship parade down Main Street in beautifully decorated vehicles.
- If you're planning a special occasion, make a reservation at Fuji Japanese Restaurant where you can watch chefs prepare your meal right in front of you.
Information for Renters
- Visit Torrington's official website if you're considering a move to the area. The site is a great resource for locals, as it has information on local government, schools and businesses.
- Check out the Northwest Connecticut Chamber of Commerce website for a better idea of what business life is like in Torrington, or if you want to become a member of the organization. The site also has job postings, newsletters, special events.