Find Houses For Rent in Beverly, MA
The city of Beverly, Mass., embodies the essence of the state's northern shores. It's close to the ocean and filled with history, making it a desirable destination for anyone looking for homes for rent in the area. But just because it's a historic area doesn't mean it's old fashioned. There's plenty of modern commerce and other businesses in the area to meet anyone's needs.
Interesting Facts About Beverly
- The city dates back to the origins of our country, having been developed in 1626 by Roger Conant. The country's first cotton mill was built in Beverly in 1787, which has prompted many to call the city the "birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution."
- Beverly's passion for business innovation can still be felt today, as some of the country's top organizations, including Microsoft, Axcelis Technologies and Zipcar, all have offices in the city.
- Some of the town's notable residents also showcase its rich mixture of history and innovation. Former President William Howard Taft and Salem witch trial minister John Hale have both called Beverly home, but so has entrepreneur Jonathan Manzi, who, at 16, became the youngest self-made millionaire in history.
Resources For Beverly Residents
- The Beverly city website has information on schools, public services and upcoming events.
- Beverly's WickedLocal page can keep readers up to date on the town's latest news.
Things to Do in Beverly
- Cabot Street is lined with restaurants, shops and other places of interest, including Cabot Street Cinema, a movie theater that features late-run movies and other live shows like magic and theatrical plays.
- While there's plenty of shopping in Beverly, there's even more down the road. The Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers and the Northshore Mall in Peabody are each less than 10 minutes away.
- Salem and its rich history and fun nightlife is just on the other side of the Veterans Memorial Bridge.