Discover Houses for Rent in Methuen, MA
Methuen, Mass., is located in the Lower Merrimack Valley just 27 miles north of Boston. Homes for rent can be found in most of the suburban neighborhoods, rural areas and urban blocks that make up Methuen's diverse cityscape. Many families are drawn to the area because of its low crime rate - parents can rest easy knowing that their children will be safe playing outside with their friends.
4 Quick Facts for Methuen Renters
- Methuen officially became a town in 1725, so it has almost three centuries' worth of history.
- The Methuen Loop is the go-to for retail shopping, restaurants and getting groceries in the town.
- Methuen's neighbors include Lawrence, Salem and North Andover.
- Much of Methuen's livelihood is centered on the Spicket River, which runs through town and was the main reason why its location was chosen so many years ago.
4 Key Resources for Methuen Families
- The Methuen Public Schools website is a great resource for staying up to date on your child's education.
- The Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority services Methuen. You can find commuter lines and schedules on the MVRTA website.
- The City of Methuen has a Twitter page. Hop online and follow it for updates on local happenings.
- A link to the community calendar of events is available on Methuen's website.
Things to Do in Methuen
The Festival of Trees is a favorite event in the region and takes place right in Methuen. Each year, hundreds of trees are put on display to raise awareness for nature preservation. Outdoor types frequent the Methuen Rail Trail, which connects the Bike-Ped Corridor in Salem, N.H., with the Spicket Greenway in Lawrence. Whether you prefer hiking or cycling, the trails make it easy to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery in the Northeast.