Search for Your Dream House for Rent in Vallejo, CA
Located near Mill Valley and South San Francisco, Vallejo is minutes away from every major metropolitan center in the Bay Area. Homes for rent in Vallejo feature stunning views of San Pablo Bay, which flows into the more well-known San Francisco Bay.
Interesting Facts About Vallejo
- Vallejo gets its name from General Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo, a Mexican politician who was instrumental in transforming California from a Mexican province to a U.S. state. The neighboring town of Benicia is named for his wife.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is one of the premier amusement parks in the country, and residents of Vallejo can enjoy all the thrills this local attraction has to offer. With rides appropriate for all ages, concerts and other live entertainment, and dozens of dining options, families can enjoy a day together at this location.
- Vallejo's convenient location means it's only a short trip from the Golden Gate Bridge and Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Aside from views of San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean, families can picnic and exercise on the sweeping hills of the park.
Helpful Resources for Residents of Vallejo
- The Vallejo City Unified School District handles all educational matters in Vallejo, and parents with children from preschool to high school can follow links on the website to find accurate information on enrollment, school events and more.
- Traffic around the Bay Area can be heavy at times, but people in Vallejo can make use of the San Francisco Bay Ferry system to skip the daily commute. With ships leaving every hour from a port on San Pablo Bay, residents can get downtown in as little as an hour.
- The website for the city of Vallejo has links to all the information residents could ever need, such as applications for businesses or construction permits, upcoming outdoor events and municipal service schedules.