195 Houses for Rent in Northford, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
Northford House Options
Discover Exciting Houses for Rent in Northford, CT
Northford is a residential community near North Branford and North Haven. Centered around the intersection of routes 17, 22 and 150, Northford is conveniently located near New Haven, interstates 91 and 95, as well as the ocean just to the south. Homes for rent in Northford give families the opportunity to live in a quiet, safe, suburban neighborhood. There are plenty of outdoor activities nearby for dog walking, exercise and picnics, like Hansen Park, Northford Park, William D. Bertini Park and West Dayton Hill Woods.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Northford is part of the town of North Branford in the south. Both areas can trace their history back to the mid-1600s when Theophilus Eaton and John Davenport bought the area that would become New Haven colony from local Native Americans who wanted English protection.
- Although no battles were fought in Northford, the farming community sent several soldiers to fight in neighboring regions during the Revolutionary War.
- Northford residents will enjoy driving to nearby Branford, on the coast of Long Island Sound. Whether it's swimming at Parker Memorial Park's beach, playing tennis at Foote Memorial Park or going fishing in Branford Harbor, there are plenty of summer activities for Northford residents.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Citizens in Northford get their local, state and regional news from the New Haven Register.
- Northford children are served by the North Branford Public Schools. The district includes four schools as well as summer camps.
- North Branford's website has plenty of helpful links and information for residents of Northford, including government contacts and local news.
Live in Northford
Northford is the perfect community for families who want to enjoy the beauty of Connecticut's landscape and wilderness. The area is interspersed with natural forests and small residential neighborhoods.