Discover Homes for Rent in Des Plaines, Illinois
Des Plaines is located in Cook County. Nearby cities include Park Ridge, Rosemont and Elk Grove Village. The city is less than an hour away from Chicago, where there's always something to do between the gastronomic scene, museums and sporting events. It's just one reason why Des Plaines is a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent. Check out all that the area has to offer.
Fun Facts about Des Plaines
- If you have an affinity for burgers, be sure to stop into Paradise Pup, which was featured on Guy Fieri's show, "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives", because of its tasty foods, including three-layer fries.
- Take a tour of the McDonald's No. 1 Store Museum, where you can see some of the first stations where employees peeled potatoes and mixed milkshakes that have become iconic in America. Mannequin employees give a lively feel to the place. It's open between Memorial Day and Labor Day and there is no admission.
- Spend a day outside at one of Des Plaines many amenities, including golf courses, bike trails, lakes, more than 37 parks and a wave pool.
- During the winter, the Park District Ice Skating Areas are open for free skating and hockey games. Families can go sledding at the Arndt Park Sled Hill, which is open until 10 p.m.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website if you'd like more information on education, youth programs, community organizations and for a list of town meetings and agendas.
- Check out the Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce and Industry if you're interesting in becoming a member or to access information on local businesses. The organization often has outings and special events.