Discover Your Next House for Rent in Millis, MA
If you're looking for a community with suburban and rural amenities to offer, Millis, Mass., may perfectly fit the bill. Set alongside the beautiful Charles River, this small town has plenty of homes for rent that you and your children will love. Millis is hailed for its safe, quiet environment, good schools, pretty neighborhoods and caring residents. Many families also choose Millis because of its convenient location just 30 miles away from Boston - big-city services or entertainment are right in their backyard.
4 Quick Facts for Millis Renters
- According to City-Data, Millis' crime rate is significantly lower than the national average, making it a safe place for kids to run around.
- Millis was named after Lansing Millis, who helped settle the town in 1885.
- Neighboring communities include Franklin, Norwood and Bellingham.
- Millis is accessible by routes 115 and 109, so it's easy to get where you need to go.
Helpful Millis Resources
- Although the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority doesn't run directly to Millis, commuters can find convenient buses and trains leaving from Norfolk, Needham and Walpole.
Millis Public Schools run under the motto "Small School - Big Family," and you can find helpful information online.
- If you're interested in following local high school sports, check out the Mohawk Athletics Twitter feed.
What's Going On in Millis?
Millis residents come together for the annual Halloween Party & Touch A Truck event, which combines costumes, pumpkin decorating and an opportunity for kids to get an up-close look at different types of trucks. Millis is also home to Town Park and Clyde Brown Field, which provide public tennis and basketball courts and fields for soccer and flag football.