Enjoy Houses for Rent in Tarentum, PA
The borough of Tarentum is known for its historic charm and beautiful buildings. Homes for rent in this community are highly desirable because of the family-friendly atmosphere and quality school system. The picturesque community and thriving downtown area are against a backdrop of natural beauty with the rolling hills of Pennsylvania behind the town buildings.
Key Facts About Tarentum
- The town of Tarentum was founded by Judge Henry Marie Brackenridge in 1829. This happened as a result of the completion of the Pennsylvania Canal between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. This was a major route and was the life blood for many towns along the canal because of the key part the canal played in supporting commercial industry.
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the fine institutions that are part of the Highlands School District. Tarentum kids will go to school with children from Brackenridge, Harrison and Fawn.
- Tarentum covers about 1.2 square miles of land in Allegheny County.
Primary Resources for Tarentum Renters
- The official website for the borough of Tarentum provides visitors and residents with access to key pieces of information about the area, including a calendar of events, information about the public officials serving the community and the available recreation options.
- Parents and students can use the official website for the Highland School District to learn about the academic, athletic and artistic programs available. The site is a valuable resource and has a dedicated portal for parents, current students and alumni.
What to Do in and Around Tarentum
Residents and visitors of Tarentum are often found attending one of the area sporting events, which brings the community together. The borough also holds a number of festivities each year in the town center and at various public spots on the weekends.