Find Great Houses for Rent in Pomfret, CT
Pomfret is a small town on Route 44 near Putnam and Storrs. Made up of five communities - Abington, Elliotts, Pomfret, Pomfret Center and Pomfret Landing - Pomfret is a classic, scenic New England town. The town is even affectionately called "Picturesque Pomfret" in reference to an article from the mid-1800s. Homes for rent in any of the five areas of town will give families the opportunity to become part of Pomfret's rich history. Pomfret is not only a historic and beautiful town, but it's also conveniently located for modern families. The town is roughly halfway between Hartford and Boston, as well as close to Mystic, Providence, Worcester and the University of Connecticut.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Pomfret was officially made a town in 1713 - one of the earliest in Connecticut. There are still plenty of homes that date back to the 1700s and 1600s.
- Although some days may bring tourists in for a drive through one of the prettiest towns in New England, the community has maintained a small-town feel.
- Every year, many people take part in the Town Wide Tag Sale, organized by the Pomfret Proprietors.
Helpful Links for Residents
- There are several schooling options for Pomfret residents. The Pomfret Community Schools offer public education to children, while The Pomfret School, a famous and historical private school, is also in town.
Pomfret's website gives residents easy access to town services, meeting minutes and tax information.
- Many Pomfret residents get their news from The Courant, a Hartford newspaper, which has online sections for local communities.
Live in Pomfret
Pomfret is a beautiful community with Colonial architecture, rolling hills and more than 300 years of history. Families looking to rent in Pomfret will enjoy the landscape as well as the people of this small town.