Discover Houses for Rent in Storrs, CT
Storrs is a village in the town of Mansfield, most well-known as the home of the flagship campus of the University of Connecticut. But Storrs is more than just pizza places and dorms - homes for rent in Storrs allow families to live near one of the largest higher learning institutions in New England as well as the smaller community of Mansfield and nearby cultural center Willimantic. Being in a fairly rural area, off Route 44, there are tons of great nature areas to explore. Shelter Falls Park, UConn Forest, Moss Sanctuary, along with several tracts give families good locations to hike as well as beautiful surroundings.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- The University of Connecticut, or UConn, was started in Storrs in 1881 as the Storrs Agricultural School. In 1939, the school became the University of Connecticut and is now a large research institution with more than 20,000 students and strong national championship-winning athletics that the community can rally around. Families renting in Storrs can also check out certain events, visiting speakers, art exhibits and musical performances.
- Since becoming a town in 1702, Mansfield has found economic success whether through agriculture or mills. For many years, Mansfield was the top silk producer in the U.S.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Mansfield town website has many links to services like police and waste removal that apply to Storrs residents.
- The area is well-known for its education. Whether it's the well-respected Mansfield Public Schools or the regional Edwin O. Smith High School in Storrs that has a close relationship with UConn, kids will get a great education.
- Since the community is so intertwined with UConn, families will want to keep up with the happenings around campus to find the best events or services.
Live in Storrs
Storrs is a picturesque rural community with a great university at its heart. Families will enjoy living in the village as well as the town of Mansfield.