Find Houses for Rent in Tolland, CT
Close to Storrs and Stafford Springs, Tolland is a residential community in northeastern Connecticut. Although near Interstate 84 for easy travel to Hartford, I-95 and Worcester, Mass., Tolland is heavily forested and has ample green space. Outdoorsy renters will enjoy going to Crandall's Park near the center of town or the much larger Shenipsit and Nye Holman state forests to the north. Homes for rent in Tolland give families a chance to explore the most interesting aspects of town. Residents like Tolland because of its great educational system and town character in addition to its location and open space.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- In the early 1700s, what is now Tolland was settled by a group of people from nearby Windsor who felt the town was too crowded. It became Connecticut's 49th town in 1722, named for an English community of the same name.
- Tolland's historic homes and Colonial architecture have made it a picturesque New England town. It's been named on several of Money Magazine's Best Places to Live lists in the small town category.
- The Tolland Green Historic District, which is at the center of town, was put on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997. The area has old buildings and antique businesses as well as new local shops and architecture.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- With blog entries about the events in town as well as links to the police department and public library, Tolland's website is a great tool for residents.
- Children in town will attend Tolland Public Schools from kindergarten through high school graduation - maybe they'll even go to the University of Connecticut just 8 miles away afterward.
- Many residents read The Courant, Hartford's venerable newspaper, which has news on the state and nation as well as towns like Tolland.
Live in Tolland
Tolland is a perfect new home for families who enjoy getting in touch with nature on the weekends but need to commute to Hartford during the week.