Explore Houses for Rent in East Windsor, CT
East Windsor lies roughly 20 minutes away from both Hartford and Springfield, Mass. There are a number of attractions near homes for rent in East Windsor, making the town an appealing location for many renters.
Interesting East Windsor Facts
- East Windsor was initially settled by farmers that were drawn to agricultural opportunities afforded by the area's fertile soil and advantageous terrain.
- Five villages make up East Windsor, including Warehouse Point, Broad Brook, Windsorville, Scantic and Melrose.
- East Windsor was incorporated in 1779, while the Jonathan Pasco House was constructed in 1782.
Practical Resources for East Windsor Renters
- At the official website of the Town of East Windsor, varied information is available to assist with queries about employment opportunities, community events and local government.
- The East Windsor Chamber of Commerce website hosts tools for those looking to get involved in area business.
- Parents with children in grades K-12 can investigate the academic possibilities of East Windsor at the East Windsor Public Schools website.
Things to Do Near East Windsor
Scantic River State Park, situated near East Windsor rentals, is a suitable site for a selection of activities, including hunting, fishing, hiking and birding. Railroad enthusiasts may want to check out the Connecticut Trolley Museum, which allows visitors to witness various old vehicles, from interurbans to service cars. In Hartford, renters can experience diverse cultural amenities such as the Wadsworth Atheneum and the Mark Twain House & Museum. Both American and European artworks are exhibited at the atheneum, while the museum preserves the work and life of one of America's literary legends. The Sea Tea Improv company puts on comedy performances in addition to offering education programs.