1,650 Houses for Rent in University Park, Illinois
Number of Bedrooms
University Park House Options
Locate Houses for Rent in University Park, IL
University Park homes for rent are close to the many accolades of Chicago, but are also within walking distance of a number of southern suburb attractions. As an area hub of entertainment and the arts, University Park residents with a creative side have the best of both worlds.
Things University Park Renters Should Know
- University Park is largely situated in Cook County, although a small part of the village resides in Will County.
- The village has gone by a number of names in its history, including Wood Hill and Park Forest South. Some older buildings and organizations still carry these historic names in their titles.
- University Park is located on the Valparaiso Moraine, a large u-shaped glacial formation that creates hilly terrain south of Lake Michigan. Because of this, University Park has many more changes in elevation than several Chicago suburbs.
Key Resources for Renters in University Park
- Learn about online bill payments, check out the parks and recreation opportunities in and around the village and look at current government employment opportunities at the University Park, Ill., website.
- Check out school Web pages, learn about the district and search different school programs at the Crete-Monee School District 201-U website.
- Learn about local undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered at the Governors State University official website.
Top Things to Do in and Around University Park
University Park is home to a number of area attractions that residents of several surrounding suburbs travel to. The Center for Performing Arts, located on the Governors State University campus, provides live entertainment in the realms of dance, theater and music throughout the year. With different programs geared toward youth, teens and adults, there's a show for everyone. During the spring through fall, residents can enjoy the intersection of art and nature at the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park.